Fields of practice
Agnė’s professional focus is on the fields of energy, commercial and corporate law, litigation.
Since 2020 – Attorney-at-Law and Partner at TRINITI
2017-2020 – Attorney-at-Law & Associated Partner at TRINITI
2015-2017 – Attorney-at-Law at legal partnership Balticlaw Pranckevičius, Valiulis and partners
2010-2015 – Assistant Attorney-at-Law at Laurynas Biekša Law Firm
2006-2010 – Lawyer at a law firm Acta Juris
Agnė is advising Lithuanian and foreign companies on various energy projects in Lithuania, including electricity, heat and renewable energy sectors. Agnė is proficient in the regulatory framework for energy generation, transmission/distribution, supply, trade, energy pricing principles and setting of tariffs, applicable support schemes for the deployment and use of renewable technologies, as well as ongoing market liberalization processes.
She has over thirteen years of experience in the legal profession: advising and representing clients in complex real estate development, insolvency and debt recovery proceedings, insurance litigation, and internal corporate litigation. Agnė is representing the clients’ interests in courts and commercial arbitrations of all levels.
Her experience is evidenced by:
- advising French energy group Idex on its acquisition of a German-Lithuanian energy company UAB Danpower Baltic which is the largest independent heat producer in Lithuania;
- ongoing advice to one of the largest independent electricity and gas suppliers in the country UAB ELEKTRUM LIETUVA on various legal issues related to electricity supply, implementation of renewable energy projects, consumer protection, construction of solar power plants and aspects of market liberalization;
- advising NE International GmbH, a commercial provider of services of technical maintenance of solar power plants, fire protection and decontamination of polluted areas in Europe, on an EU-funded wind and solar power project in Lithuania, solving legal issues related to the construction process and financing, and representing the client’s interests in court proceedings against a designer, one of the largest Lithuanian companies designing electricity objects;
- advising a group of members of Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, assisting them in drafting of a claim and representing them in the Lithuanian Constitutional Court investigating the procedure and terms for the extension of the provisions of the Law on Energy of the Republic of Lithuania regulating the expiry of the permits issued for the development of electricity generating capacities from renewable energy sources;
- representing the winner of the fixed electricity tariff – a support measure for the development of energy from renewable energy sources – in a dispute with the authorities regarding the exercise of the rights to support;
- representing oil product trading company UAB Ina Trade in a complex litigation in the Vilnius Commercial Arbitration and in court against SIA LT Oil regarding the oil production not supplied and an oil product terminal operator regarding unfair competition;
- representing one of the largest real estate development companies in Lithuania in negotiations with HILTON WORLD WIDE MANAGE LIMITED in concluding Hilton-branded hotels’ franchise agreements and concluding agreements for managing these hotels with an operator;
- representing the group companies of UAB Kamineros grupė in negotiations with UAB Europa Group regarding the conclusion/amendment of the Europa brand franchise agreements for hotels in Kaunas and Klaipėda;
- representing the interests of the shareholders of the HBH complex in an investigation of activities of a legal entity;
- representing the shareholders’ interests in a dispute among shareholders of UAB Kamineros grupė;
- successful defence of the former manager’s interests against a claim of AB “Vakarų laivų gamykla” for compensation of EUR 300 000 for failure to fulfil fiduciary duties of a manager;
- legal assistance and defence of interests of companies subject to bankruptcy proceedings as well as their creditors BUAB Skala, BAB printing house Spindulys, BUAB EDP Group, AB flyLAL-Lithuanian Airlines, BUAB Rokiškio aliejinė (Obeliai oil), BUAB Statybinių medžiagų mažmena (Bauhoff) in bankruptcy proceedings, in drafting actions for the annulment of transactions, for the compensation of damage, for the settlement of debts and representation in legal proceedings;
- representing a real estate developer in a project of private homes Miškonių privačios rezidencijos in dealings with buyers and public authorities;
- representing a real estate developer in a project of private homes/apartments Trinapolio namai, in dealings with buyers and authorities.
In 2008, Agnė was awarded a Master’s Degree in Law at Vilnius University, with specialisation in commercial law.
Agnė is fluent in English and Russian.